- Welcome to Photoshop CC
- Making Photoshop your default image editor
- Installing the DekeKeys keyboard shortcuts
- Remapping Mac OS shortcuts
- Installing the Best Workflow color settings
- Installing Adobe Photoshop CC
- The color settings explained
- Loading the Photoshop CC color settings in Bridge
- Areas Of Graphic Design To Explore
- Become Familiar with the Graphic Design Software + Some Quick Wins
- Mac vs. PC: What to Know Regardless of Brand
- Get Up and Running With Adobe Creative Cloud
A brief summary
Graphic design is the methodology of visual communication, and problem-solving through the use of type, space and image. The field is considered a subset of visual communication and communication design, but sometimes the term “graphic design” is used interchangeably with these due to overlapping skills involved.
Explore the Course
The creative Graphic design has always been a popular profession, but with more and more technology being introduced into our lives it’s becoming an ever more important one too. Making that technology as user-friendly as possible is vital, and graphic design is one of the most important elements of this.
This course is for anyone who is interested in becoming a graphic designer, and especially geared towards total beginners.
In this course, you will learn and then apply design principles to create various graphic designs, including an online advertisement, an effective infographic, a gig poster with type as a design element, and an illustrative postcard design. You will learn how color schemes can be created and applied in graphic designs. You will also learn how effective typography can improve your designs as well.
You will use the international creative industry-standard software for photo and raster editing (Photoshop), effective user interactive live time progress tracking UI/UX design (Adobe XD), illustration and vector art (Illustrator), and publication design (InDesign) in this course to apply what you learn.
Anyone Can Be a Designer
This course is aimed at aspiring graphic designers, web designers and digital artists who wish to develop a skill set needed to become a professional graphic designer. Suitable for both complete beginners and those who already have some knowledge of the industry; this course will prepare you for a career as a graphics designer through familiarising you with the concepts, principles and – most importantly – the software you’ll need to know.
You’ll learn everything from working with layers and selections in Photoshop to formatting text and menus in XD, to using pathfinders and special effects in Illustrator.
As well as equipping you with a valuable skill set, you will also learn how to get your foot in the door of the graphic design world, from how to land your first job, to finding continued inspiration, to the ins and outs of joining the graphics design community.
On completion of this course, you will have the strong foundation needed to get started in the world of graphic design, along with the skills needed to start working professionally straight away.
The Tools of Your Creative World
Adobe Photoshop: Used for editing and manipulating photographs and images. Improve lighting and color, add special effects, remove blemishes, create your own images from scratch, and more.
Adobe XD (Experience Design): World first dedicated creative industry level tools for specially design UI and UX. A vital point of Graphic Design. You will use this software for learning the most demandable interactive UI/UX design. Working with layers, shape, color, vectore,and font will be the key feature of this part. Also, you will learn to use interactivecloud sharing the design for instant experience as well.
Adobe Illustrator: Adobe Illustrator is the industry-standard vector graphics application that lets you create logos, icons, sketches, typography and complex illustrations for print, web, interactive, video and mobile devices. This is where you do the majority of your work. Create any kind of vector art or illustration your mind is capable of thinking up! You will start with the very basics like how to draw circles and rectangles all the way to creating complex illustrations, logos, business cards and so much more. With Illustrator CC MasterClass you will learn the best ways of doing everything in Illustrator so you can be confident which tool or feature to use in every situation.
Adobe InDesign: Learn InDesign, the world’s industry-standard publication layout program, to create flyers, posters, advertisements, and online magazines. Create magazines to share online or sell online through Apple. Create books to sell on Amazon. There are so many possibilities!
You will be instructed to the various real time project in during class and the trainers will also assist off the class ass well. There is also a Facebook group of Beacon IT with over 10,000 students and counting, which is an awesome resource for you to take advantage of while you go through the course. The group is an excellent place to post projects, get insightful critiques, and network with other like-minded students and working professionals all over the world.
- Have access to the Adobe Creative Suite, including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe XD, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe InDesign (or all the required software will be provided by the trainer). we will be using WINDOWS, but you can just as easily follow along with a MAC machine since the principles will be the same and the apps work on either platform.
- Be proficient in using a computer, although prior knowledge of any of the Adobe apps is not necessary. However, this is not an “A to Z” course for every bell and whistle that each app provides, but rather a roadmap for how to make awesome projects that people are willing to pay for or that employers are looking for you to have skills with creating.
- Some creative skills (drawing, photography, etc.) are helpful and will definitely give you a better chance of becoming successful as a designer, but not required.
- A desire to learn design, whether for a job or for a hobby – design is for everyone!
At BEACON IT we’ll take you through the design process from beginning to end, integrating idea generation, technical knowledge, design theory and studio skills at every step.
- This course is for beginners who want to be introduced to graphic design principles and their applications or intermediate graphic designers who want to improve and learn even more.
- Employees or Employers that need to gain skills in graphic design so you can produce graphics and print materials for your company.
- This course is not for people with MFA in Graphic Design or graphic designers already very familiar with design principles, color, and typography and who are experts at the Adobe design products.
- This course is for anyone who wants to create awesome graphics designs in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Entrepreneurs that plan to start their own business or become a freelancer.
- Anyone that wants to learn how to take their creative ideas and put them into a print or digital format.
- Graphic Design as Powerful, Beautiful, Visual Communication
- Elements of Graphic Design
- Composition: Arranging for Aesthetics
- Adjust Composition in a Photo and Layout
- The Beauty and Functionality of Alignment
- Design an Aligned Grid Layout
- The Clarity of Negative Space or White Space
- Use Negative Space Effectively
- The Clarity of Proximity and Grouping
- Apply Proximity Effectively
- What is Photoshop? Who am I?
- Common Photoshop Keyboard Shortcuts Printable Handout
- Panels and Workspaces
- Creating a New Document, Screen Modes,
- Navigating and Zooming
- Working with Multiple Images, File Types and Modes
- Cropping, Resizing, and Resolution
- Introduction to Selections Section
- Common Selection Tools and Uses
- Modifying and Saving Selections
- Introduction to Masking Section
- Introduction to Layers Section, Working with Layers
- Layer Blending Modes And Adjustment Layers
- Layer Masks vs. Erasing
- Layer Masks from Selections
- Introduction to Lighting and Color Section
- Using Levels Effectively in Photoshop
- Using Curves in Photoshop for Better Lighting and Colors
- Adjusting Brightness, Contrast, and Exposure to Improve Lighting
- Working with texture and pattern
- Business card with mock-up, Mock-up making
- Photoshop Project 1: T-shirt design (using Photoshop and illustrator)
- Photoshop Project 2: Create Web Banner Ads
- Photoshop Project 3: Design YouTube Channel Art
- Photoshop Project 4: Design a Facebook Advertisement
- Photoshop Project 5: Design a Facebook Page Cover
- Photoshop Project 6: Photoshop animation
- Photoshop Project 7: Retouching
- Photoshop Project 8: Flyer design
- Photoshop Project 9: Document editing
- Photoshop Project 10: Apps UI/UX element design
- Photoshop Project 11: Web template and element design
- Photoshop Project 12: Photo Manipulation
- Photoshop Project 13: Oil Painting Effect on Photo
- Photoshop Project 14: 3D visual composition
- Photoshop Project 15: Advance double exposure cinematographic
- Getting Started
- The First Step
- Controlling Adobe Illustrator
- Selecting And Manipulating Illustrator Objects
- Adobe Illustrator And Color Management
- Working With Shapes, Fills, And Strokes
- Working With Anchors And Paths
- Creating And Managing Vector Shapes
- The Illustrator Pen Tool
- Adobe Illustrator And Type
- Effects And The Appearance Panel
- Layers 101
- Working With Images And Masks
- Tips, Tricks, And Techniques
- Moving From Raster To Vector
- Saving And Printing Based On Intent
- Advanced Techniques
- Export and Integration
- Illustrator Project 1: Create Web Banner Ads
- Illustrator Project 2: Design LOGO
- Illustrator Project 2: Design LOGO
- Illustrator Project 3: Design a BUSINESS CARD
- Illustrator Project 4: Design a FLAYER and CV TEMPLATE
- Illustrator Project 5: Book cover , Magazine Cover and Layout design
- Illustrator Project 6: Poster design
- Illustrator Project 7: Pattern design
- Illustrator Project 8: Product Packing Design
- Illustrator Project 9: Email Signature Design
- Illustrator Project 10: Roll Up Banner Design
- Illustrator Project 11: 3D Effect Logo and Font
- Design from scratch
- Working with Experience Design Artboards
- Using Shapes and Properties
- Working even MORE efficiently
- Working with Content
- Wire framing Low Fidelity
- High Fidelity UI Design
- Redesigning the Spotify App for iOS 11
- Creating Interactive Prototypes
- Testing, Sharing, and Exporting
- What Next
- XD Project 1: Create Full Scale Mobile App
- XD Project 2: Design Special Screen
- XD Project 3: Design Multi page Web Site
- XD Project 4: Design a Smart Watch UI
- Introduction to the InDesign Course
- Getting Started in InDesign
- Placing and Formatting Text and Images
- Using the Tools in InDesign
- Mastering InDesign Workflows and Functions
- Printing and Exporting in InDesign
- InDesign Projects: Real-World Publication Deign
- Adding Assets
- Multi-Page Documents
- Advanced Techniques
- Saving, Exporting, and Print
- InDesign Project 1: One page flyer
- InDesign Project 2: Other people’s files
- InDesign Project 3: Company Newsletter/Brochure
- InDesign Project 4: Long Business Document
- InDesign Project 5: Conference Name Badge
- Behance Portfolio
- Preparing for Freelance job
- How to Get Freelance Clients
- Project Management for Freelancers
- Testing Freelance Projects
- Working with Legacy Applications
- Managing Client Relationships
- Mistakes & Problems every Freelancer’s face
- Freelance Job Hunting Skills
- 65+ Freelance Job Websites
- 50+ Online Tools and Apps for Freelancers
- Module 1: The Heart of Freelancer
- Module 2: Your Bids Dissected
- Module 3: Advanced Bidding
- Payment Gateway